Moon Palace (Paul Auster)
– He was born in Shoreham, Long Island in 1917.
– His father, he was told, had been a painter who had died in Utah.
– He had a lugubrious childhood
– His mother died in 1939 when he was 22 years old.
– Other children made fun of him because he was fat
– He spent as much time alone as he could
– Books became a refuge for him early on, a place where he could keep himself hidden
– He felt lonely, was isolated and separated from the outside world
– At the age of 17 he spent his nights composing a novel based on his father’s disappearance
– He became a teacher and wrote books about American history
– When he was 29 years old, he learned to know a woman called Emily Fogg, she was the first woman who had slept not being a prostitute.
– Later he was left by her without knowing that she was having a baby, called Marco Stanley Fogg
– One day, he was found by his son
– After staying in hospital for a long time Solomon Barber died because of an illness